Soft-Lite Impact Windows Withstand Hurricane Force Winds & More
Discerning homeowners don’t merely want impact windows that might – possibly – protect them from hurricane-force winds and flying debris. They want to be absolutely certain that their windows can withstand even the most violent weather, not to mention attempted break-ins and other potential hazards.
Soft-Lite’s Armor Max Plus impact windows remove any doubt. These rugged, heavy-duty windows easily passed every durability test, including the rigorous Large Missile Impact Level “D” test. That means they can withstand sustained winds of 140 mph, and gusts of up to 212 mph. They are also Miami-Dade County-approved products. Even if you don’t live in an area where such strong winds are common, knowing that your Soft-Lite impact windows could stand up to that kind of destructive force tells you that these windows are built to last.
Here are just a few of the important, innovative features of these top-of-the-line impact windows:
- Impact-resistant, triple-pane laminated glass
- Rigid, tubular master window frame with fused corners
- Stainless steel reinforced attachment points
- Two heavy-duty cam sweep locks
- High-performance Low-E coating and argon gas between the glass panes to help block damaging UV rays and ensure the highest energy efficiency possible
- Automotive-type window glazing for a tight seal
- Insulated foam wrap around the frame to reduce air infiltration
- Available in many different colors, with a variety of grid designs, and in multiple styles including double-hung windows, picture windows, and sliding windows
In addition to remaining intact in the midst of a violent storm, our impact windows provide protection against intrusion. A nearly impenetrable PVB interlayer prevents shattering even in the face of the most aggressive of blows with a sharp or blunt object. Soft-Lite is proud to be the exclusive window partner of the National Crime Prevention Council and McGruff the Crime Dog®.
Since 1934, homeowners have relied on Soft-Lite’s ability to manufacture the most reliable, durable, and high-performing windows in the industry. If you would like to learn more about the benefits of installing our beautiful and tough impact windows, contact a dealer near you.