ENERGY STAR® Windows from Soft-Lite
Soft-Lite is proud to be an ENERGY STAR® Partner, an indication of our commitment to producing the most energy-efficient windows in the industry. In fact, most of our product lines are recognized as ENERGY STAR® “Most Efficient Products,” thanks to precision-engineered and manufactured weather barriers that minimize energy-wasting air infiltration. This means that when you purchase Soft-Lite windows for your home, you’ll enjoy reduced heating and cooling costs.
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency. Windows must meet minimum performance criteria during testing to qualify for the ENERGY STAR label. The insulating properties of the entire window determine whether or not a window can be ENERGY STAR labeled. Here are some of the Soft-Lite Window features and benefits that help our products comply with ENERGY STAR requirements:
- Vinyl frames that block heat
- Double- or triple-paned glass with argon or krypton gas fill for improved insulation
- “Low-E” glass coatings to help block UV rays
- Polyurethane foam fill within frames and sashes for added insulation
- High-end, precision-engineered triple weather stripping to block air and create a perfect fit
- Tighter seals for minimized air infiltration (warm air remains inside during the winter and hot air stays outside during the summer)
In addition to the ENERGY STAR® label for our windows, Soft-Lite’s windows are Gold Label certified by the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA). We also belong to the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC), which develops and administers methods to measure the energy efficiency of windows, doors and skylights.
To learn more about Soft-Lite’s ENERGY STAR® qualified windows, contact a dealer near you today.