Seven Reasons Why Soft-Lite’s Vinyl Replacement Windows are Superior to Wood or Aluminum Windows
Soft-Lite is recognized as a pioneer in vinyl replacement windows. We began manufacturing vinyl frames in 1953, at a time when wood was still favored as the main construction material for home windows. Over time, it has been proven that vinyl far outperforms wood, and even aluminum, as an energy-efficient and durable material for window frames. And, what you gain in energy efficiency, you do not have to lose in appearance – those who prefer the look of woodgrain still can have it with Soft-Lite vinyl windows.
Soft-Lite’s vinyl replacement windows have proven to be a better choice than wood or aluminum windows because:
- Vinyl is virtually maintenance free.
- If you want the look of a wood window, vinyl can be manufactured to mirror the appearance of natural wood.
- Vinyl windows by Soft-Lite come in 17 standard exterior colors, 5 interior woodgrain finishes, and endless custom colors.
- Vinyl won’t corrode and separate like metal or rot and deteriorate like wood.
- Vinyl sash and frame corners are airtight after welding and are far more effective at reducing air infiltration.
- Vinyl windows provide decades of smooth, easy operation.
- Our vinyl windows come in a variety of styles including double-hung windows, awning windows, and sliding windows.
The standards for energy efficiency of our vinyl replacement windows are unparalleled. Our windows are recognized as ENERGY STAR “Most Efficient Products,” and are Gold Label certified by the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA). Our products also are certified by the National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC), which develops and administers comparative energy and related rating programs to serve the public.
To learn more about our durable, energy-efficient vinyl replacement windows, contact a Soft-Lite dealer near you today. Be sure to ask about the Soft-Lite limited lifetime warranty.