Soft-Lite Windows and Doors Careers
Open a window of opportunity today with a career at Soft-Lite, LLC. Soft-Lite, LLC. is seeking a Buyer/Purchasing Planner capable of monitoring our current buying systems and assisting in creating the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations. The Buyer/Purchasing Planner will be responsible for overseeing our purchasing accounts and systems, establishing vendor relationships and negotiation strategies, working towards completing goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year and into the future. If you are a skilled negotiator with previous experience in the purchasing, please apply today.
- Analyze and maintain MRP Material Management system for exceptions maintenance and requisitions to release purchase orders for assigned commodities and vendors.
- Maintain strong working relationships and communications with manufacturing and key suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedule and monitor open purchase orders for all orders to ensure on-time delivery.
- Proactively report product and material availability issues, including maintaining appropriate safety stock levels in line with seasonality and managing excess and obsolete items to minimize waste.
- Supplier Management: RFQ, Cost Saving Initiatives, Negotiations, Supplier Relationship/Evaluation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand historical material consumption in order to provide vendors with a forecast, and manage new and changing materials to minimize write-off costs.
- Develop, maintain and train processes and procedures.
- Participate and contribute to monthly program management and metrics, SIOP (Sales Inventory & Operations Planning) process, including developing, maintaining and initiating training processes and procedures to ensure best practices.
- Prior experience in Material Management is required. (3-5 yrs.)
- APICS Qualification preferred.
- Must be highly detailed and able to work on multiple tasks independently with little direct supervision in a fast-paced environment.
To inquire about this position, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org