To inquire about a position with SoftLite, please fill out the below form and hit SUBMIT. A SoftLite representative will contact you to discuss next steps and/or set up an interview.
Typical available positions are in manufacturing and general assembly. You may attach a resume to highlight your specific skills and background.
All candidates are required to complete a full application the day of an interview.
We accept *.pdf and *.doc file extensions with no more than 3MB size.
*Fields are required
SoftLite is looking for efficient 1st shift assemblers in our manufacturing facility in Streetsboro, OH.
We are looking for individuals who take pride in their work and are self-motivated but are also a team player. Our assemblers are responsible for the beginning-of-the-line assembly and must have great attention to detail and the ability to keep up on the production line. All employees are able to work their way up to the next level and learn more skilled tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
SoftLite is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, Veteran, or disability status.
The 2nd shift production manager will manage employees from production while providing any needed guidance to the 2nd shift shipping department. Manages teams working from 5 p.m. – 3:30 a.m. – Mon-Thurs (possible OT on Fridays).
Internally known as a technical process leader, this person is responsible for managing all aspects of the multiple departments. This includes developing associates, ensuring that the team consensus is used to thoroughly evaluate decisions, that those decisions are rapidly implemented, budget planning, employment decisions related to associates and performance assessment of all direct reports, team leaders and associates.
The focus of this role is to drive labor productivity, throughput and customer OTD. As a focal leader in the plant leadership team, this role will be critical in transforming the operations team into a customer centric focused engaged workforce.
– Lead Operations Team: Lead the operations team to meet the daily production KPIs that drive the needs of the customer and the 95% OTD goal.
– Manage Operations: Develop/maintain the capacity model for the area production departments to ensure we have adequate resources & operators to meet the needs of the customer for both the short & long term.
– Develop Operations Team: Develop the operations team in the various manufacturing methodologies to continue to improve/expand their skill sets and knowledge to meet the needs of the customer and continue to drive improvements.
– Support Lean Manufacturing Initiatives: Will work closely with the Maintenance, Quality, lean and process engineers to drive process improvements for the site.
– Drive Employee Engagement: Needs to develop and implement an action plan to improve their operations team through employee development.
– Drive safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance through leadership, decision making, and problem solving
– Own the technical aspects of manufacturing, including equipment, quality standards, and process flow
– Developing, coaching, and engaging associates to drive a customer-centric business
– Own production standards by developing standard work, writing work instructions, driving employee cross training, and updating training matrices
– Be highly visible to associates in the plant and promote a hands-on, data-driven approach to problem solving
– Ensures success of the day-to-day production KPls and activities within the production area
– Drive cross-functional execution and track daily performance
– Ensures the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace by supporting company policy
– Conducts safety investigations as needed
– Ensures payroll system is updated daily and certified weekly
– Act as a change agent by communicating and institutionalizing a culture of simplification and lean principles
– Expediting repair and truck units through the shop
– Adjusting labor across the shop on an hour-by-hour basis to balance plant production
– Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
PPE (personal protective equipment):
SoftLite is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Impact windows use laminated glass and a heavy-duty, aluminum-reinforced sash to reduce damage from windborne debris. Their primary purpose is stability during severe weather, like